Delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs!

Spaghetti in our house is usually pretty plain. In fact it consists of pasta, store brand sauce, and if we're lucky some ground beef. We usually...if not always have it because I'm rushed for time, or I forgot to pick up a needed ingredient from my previous shopping trip that goes to a better (most of the time yummier) meal. Its my quick go to meal when I'm in a pinch.
Last night, after attempting 3 other meals, then realizing I was missing one ingredient for each, decided I would try and tackle spaghetti and meat balls...I had time, and wasn't rushed either (which is a big thing in our house with 5 littles.) I'm not know to make meat balls, since they take time to make, roll, cook yada, yada, yada...
So to my (and my entire families) surprise they came out REALLY good. (like crazy good folks)

I can't keep this recipe to my self. I had the items on hand, and I had time...so I started throwing in some of this and that into bowl and mixed it all together to made these...

**Update**
I bought some sub sandwich rolls, and made meat ball sandwiches-delicious!! You would just cook the meat balls the same way, minus the spaghetti noodles, toast the sandwich rolls, scoop some meatballs and sauce on, and top with parmesan cheese. (Ive also seen people add slices of provolone cheese to their meatball subs.)



Delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs

1.5 lbs ground beef
2 cloves garlic minced
2 eggs
1/2-3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
a little salt and pepper
3 tabl. milk
2 tabl. olive oil
Your fav. store bought spaghetti sauce
1 lb spaghetti noodles


Cook pasta according to the directions. In a bowl, mix together everything but the olive oil, sauce, and noodles. Heat a large pan with the oil over med. heat. Using a cookie scoop, (so they're all the same size) scoop and shape meat balls into balls, and drop them into the hot pan.
Allow them to brown on each side for 3 minutes, then pour in your sauce, and simmer covered for 20 min.
Serve over spaghetti, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment