Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Funny how the one day I make one of THE MOST AMAZING DINNERS EVER, the hubs is out of town working lol! Poor guy! I sent him pictures, and ranted on and on about how great this tasted. 
I pulled this meal together in about 25ish minuted minus the baking time. The first time I made it, I followed the directions exactly, it turned out so so, then tonight I made it again, (wanted to give it a second try) I tweaked the ingredients and with held some...I cant believe how great this turned out. The hubs comes back in 2 days, and I'm planing on making this again!



1 lb Rotisserie chicken shredded
1/2 lb sliced ham (lunch meat) chopped
8 slices swiss cheese
4 tabl butter
4 table flour
3 c milk
1 heaping tabl dijon mustard
1 1/2 tea salt
1/4 tea paprika
1/4 tea pepper
6 tabl butter
1 1/2 c panko
3/4 tea Lawry's seasoning salt
1 tea dried parsley

Heat your oven to 350.
While your oven is heating, begin making your sauce by melting the 4 tabl butter in a med sauce pan. Once melted add flour, whisk and cook for 1-2 min. Slowly whisk in your milk, add the mustard salt, paprika and pepper. Bring to a simmer and turn off once its thickened.
Sprinkle the chicken on the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish. Next evenly sprinkle the ham over, and layer with the sliced cheese. Pour the sauce over the cheese, making sure everything is completely covered (don't want anything getting jealous).
Next melt your butter in a dish in the microwave, add the Panko and stir well. Mix in the seasoning salt and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole and bake for 40 min. (top should be nice and golden)

No comments:

Post a Comment