Cherry Cheese Cake

  • Once again, I wanted to share a recipe that has been in my family for quite a while. We always have this dessert for Thanksgiving. And everyone expects it to be there because its our fav. This is the only cherry cheese cake that I like (I'm really picky when it comes to fruit pies/cakes). I've also sent this with my husband to company parties, and have been requested to make this several times since by his fellow workers, and even offered money to make it...when moneys involved you know its a good thing! lol!



  • Cherry Cheese Cake

  • Crust:
  • 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumb*
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. melted butter

  • Filling:
  • 2 Pkgs. Softened cream cheese
  • 1/3 c. Sugar
  • 1 Tub cool whip
  • Topping:
  • 1 can Cherry pie filling/topping 

*With making this, use graham crackers and crush them up. If you use the pre-crushed graham crackers, it doesn't taste quite right.
Combine your graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Drizzle in the melted butter slowly, tossing the mixture well together. Spread in a 9"x9" glass baking dish, and press down evenly.

For the filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cool whip together. Spread over crust, and pour the cherry pie filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. 

You can use strawberry or blue berry topping. When I'm asked to make this by my hubbies work buddies, they usually request strawberry-its really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment