Fun Ideas to Help Make Christmas More Meaningful

I love this time of year. Its busy, packed with birthdays and holidays. Next weekend is Halloween, which means Christmas decorations come out soon, and this mama gets her shop on.



Now that we have 5 children, time seems to fly much faster. I want to make some amazing memories with my family, but I feel like we end up running out of time, and before you know it, Christmas is over, and the New Year begins. 

This year I'm going to do my best and be intentional about making memories, having fun, and celebrating Christ's Birthday. 

I'm a list person, I write lists out, rewrite them, and do a final draft cause thats the way I roll.
Here's my list of things to do with my family this fall/winter season.


Decorate for Christmas 
Play Christmas music
Make a "Thankful tree" with the kids
Go on walks 
Elf on the shelf
Cookie exchange party
Manger Craft
Pick a family ornament 
Pick an ornament for the new baby
Walk through our towns Christmas light neighborhood
Drive around and look at lights
Decorate our house with Christmas lights
Zoo lights
What Does God Want for Christmas board activity
Listen to Christmas music
Church's toy drive
Drive through nativity scene
Bake Santa cookies
Secret Santa
Watch our favorite Christmas classics; How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone 1 & 2, Rudolph     the Red Nose, Reindeer, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Santa Clause, The Nightmare Before    Christmas...
Bake for Family and Friends. I always make Toffee, cookies, do a cookie in a jar.
Read the story of Christmas in the bible
Ugly Sweater Contest
Family Ginger Bread House Contest
Make Home Made Christmas Bows
Name Of Jesus Ornaments
Birthday Cake for Jesus
Count Down to Jesus Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment