To Moms of One or Two Children from a Mother of Five

I happened to stumble across this article the other day, To Moms of One or Two Children from a Mother of Five and it was spot on. I have 5 young children, so the title alone caught my eye, anything about having 5 children catches my interest.

It made me see how far I've come in my "mothering stage" of life, or I should say how far God has brought me...sometimes dragged or carried me along, but He did get me here one way or another.

In the beginning when it was just my first and second child, things were much different. I depended on my self more, and depended on God with more surface type issues. As our family grew with more children, I noticed I couldn't handle it all on my own. Thats when I started depending on God more.

He began by gently chipping away at my selfishness. And I had-still have a lot of selfishness, but God was at work. Looking back I can see how far He's brought me, and looking forward I'm excited to see where He'll take me. He's making me reflect more of Him each day, and using my children to do so.

"Mothering is easier for me now than it used to be. For one reason: I need God more." I need God more! Don't we all? I know I can't do this on my own, like I used to try. Mothering is hard stuff. It isn't just about growing your kids to be responsible adults, its about introducing them to Christ, helping them to build a relationship with their creator, and eventually (hopefully) watching them as they take on the faith you have passed onto them, and make it their own, a relationship with God! 

Yes, I need God more, it seems like each day that goes by I need Him more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment